HaloSource

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one-stop shop for all of your Halo needs

5 posters

Step 3: Revelations

Thanos of Halo
    Thanos of Halo

Step 3:  Revelations Empty Step 3: Revelations

Post  Thanos of Halo Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:27 am

From knowledge springs power, just as weakness stems from ignorance. I, Thanos, shall reveal the clever ways of my Alternate Reality Clones. Getting vehicles further than intended in a level, campaign "power-strategies" and unlocking things referred to as "Easter Eggs" are the goal of this step. I believe in extermination-runs as opposed to speed-runs. You will not find ways of avoiding encounters here, only ways of dominating them.

Reading music:

Getting an early Falcon on Winter Contingency
    Unfortunately, there are many invisible barriers that make using the Falcon almost impractical.

The easy part is using a Plasma-Pistol on a Falcon or getting the enemy to shoot it down with their over-charged shots. The hard part is that the Falcon must flip so that the pilot is ejected.

To get the Falcon to the final objective, you need to get the Covenant Spirit's vehicle lift to assist you past the barrier:

Taking it back on ONI: Sword Base
    Your first instinct, which is not incorrect by any means, may be to eliminate the Wraiths as quickly as possible, even by using the Target Locator.

Instead, juggle the Locator and Plasma Pistol outside:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach_15
    Use the Locator on the Sangheili foot-soldier:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach_22Step 3:  Revelations Reach_23
    Then shoot the Wraith gunners, followed by the remaining footed infantry:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach_19
    Use a Plasma Pistol to incapacitate a Wraith:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach_18
    If you jump inside the turret-gunner rather than jack the Wraith, most times the driver will exit the vehicle. They easily die by their own turrets:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach_24Step 3:  Revelations Reach_25
    If you're smart on where you get in the 2nd Wraith, you can get Kat to take a Wraith too:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach_26

Reach Racing on Sword Base
    Requires at least 2 players.
    Doing this before completing the 2 main objectives will cause a level-break.

Shown below are 2 switches that must be activated simultaneously:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach198

Step 3:  Revelations Reach199

Step 3:  Revelations Reach200

Step 3:  Revelations Reach201
    Once done so, "Reach Racer" will flash on the screen and you will be transported to 2 Gauss 'Hogs ready to race around the level:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach202
    The looser is known to all:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach203

Getting a Transport 'Hog on Sword Base
    Though a highly damaged Transport 'Hog may seem like a worthless vehicle to have, well there is some benefit from driving this 'Hog that can die from splattering a fly.

Make sure you carry a Plasma Pistol past the gates after clearing the courtyard and pre-fire. Aim where the 'Hog will be with an overcharged shot:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach195

Step 3:  Revelations Reach196
    Make sure you overcharge shoot the 'Hog repeditly so it doesn't drive off and get destroyed. Make sure you kick the driver out as soon as possible and see how far you can get:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach197
    See how many Troopers you can load with powerweapons.

Getting a Warthog into Sword Base
    While it is possible to use another vehicle as a ramp to get a 'Hog over the concrete-barriers, here it is shown how one can get a 'Hog over the barriers without assistance.

Aim the front wheel to launch off of the excursion in the wall:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach_23

Step 3:  Revelations Reach_28

Step 3:  Revelations Reach_25
    Keep the gas pinned. Most times you'll at least make it far enough that a splash from a grenade will get it to where the 'Hog is needed:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach_29
    'Hogs and Revenants can only go as far as the elevator:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach_27

Getting a Ghost through Sword Base

Use another Ghost or Revenant as a ramp to get a Ghost over the concrete barriers:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach176
    Take it through and into the elevator. You may have to slightly damage it to shrink its wings:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach177
    Get back onto the Ghost as soon as the elevator starts to move:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach178

Step 3:  Revelations Reach179
    Covenant bowling:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach180

Step 3:  Revelations Reach181

Flying a Seraph on Long Night of Solace

Gunning the Pelican on Long Night of Solace

Start by approaching the nose while crouched and holding reload:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach_14
    As you approach the nose, you will be sucked in:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach_15
    You won't be able to see, but you can still shoot and kill anything but Jorge:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach_16

Step 3:  Revelations Reach_17

Note: If you have teammates, get them to toss their explosives at the turret. You are invincible and the explosions will eventually destroy the turret's body but not function. You will be able to see once this occurs.

Keeping the Rocket 'Hog till the Falcon on Tip of the Spear

It may not be obvious at first but the vehicles are easily taken all the way till the Falcon pick up after the 2nd Covie AA-Cannon:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach_44
    A 'Hog or Revenant will fit easily between these barriers:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach_45

Step 3:  Revelations Reach_46

Step 3:  Revelations Reach_47
    A Revenant will do but a Rocket 'Hog is better:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach_48

Grab a Banshee near the spire-base on Tip of the Spear

For clearing the area much more easily as well as for an achievement, grab a Banshee after making your way uphill after the Falcon crash:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach189
    Grabbing a jetpack may be helpful in skyjacking but Plasma-Pistols work just as well:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach190

Step 3:  Revelations Reach191

Step 3:  Revelations Reach192

Step 3:  Revelations Reach193
    Send a few Banshee-bombs into the command deck of the spire before entering it:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach194

Crazy Army trooper on New Alexandria

Once the elevator reaches its destination in the Sinoviet HM Tower:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach144
    Proceed left and up:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach145
    Straight across you can see a kneeling trooper:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach146
    Many crazy words he has to say:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach147
    Finish his cowardly ass off if you wish:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach148

Having a rave instead of a Hunter-party on New Alexandria
    This prevents the encounter with 4 Hunters but are replaced by a room full of Grunts that are dancing, equipped with Fuel-Rod Cannons. Deactivating the jammer or killing an enemy causes the music the stop and the crowd to display their displeasure for it.

Once the Vyrant Telecom Tower objective becomes active (main door seen here):
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach150
    A switch will appear over by the hospital. Travel towards the shown pipe:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach149
    Landing on the ledge the pipe connects to, the switch is easily seen:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach151
    Activate this switch to start the Never Surrender remix in the club:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach152
    Once the above switch is activated, another switch appears atop the Vyrant Telecom Tower:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach153
    Located here, this switch changes the music in Club Errera to the Siege of Midrigal remix:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach154
    Inside the club, everyone will dance until they are dead or until the jammer is de-activated:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach155

Note: If you kill an enemy, the music will stop and it's open season on the player(s). To prevent the FRG Grunts from being too much of a pain, at least on Legendary, enter the building, kill 1 Grunt and exit. Fly to the top of the building and activate the second switch. This causes the enemies to dance. They will talk as though they can see you but are too compelled by the music to fight.

Flying a Pelican or Phantom on New Alexandria
    You will need a jetpack found at the club or at another previous jammer-objective.
    Do not get out of your new vehicle till you are above ground and within non-killing distance for the drop. Getting out causes the vehicle to disappear completely.

Once it's time to evacuate Kat (final objective), a switch appears on this building beside the Club Errera jammer:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach156
    Fly around to its backside and land the Falcon between the ledge and wall:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach157
    Landing the Falcon may take some practice but it can be balanced:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach158
    Activate the switch using the jetpack. Return to your Falcon:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach159
    Fly to and through this structure:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach160
    Your Falcon will fall to its destruction while you spawn inside an indestructible Pelican:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach161
    Use it to ram the Specters:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach164
    Jacking a Banshee yields separate results:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach163
    The Banshee falls to its destruction but you spawn in an indestructible Phantom:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach162
    It flies through most objects but it can be used to knock the Specters to their death:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach165
    Using the Phantom, the player can enter some buildings and dismount. Doing so can allow the player to get into Kat's death room or the room where the conversation previous to her death was held.

Co-op Banshee carnage on the Package
    This must be done with at least 2 players.
    If you did not destroy the AA-Cannons, they will have become indestructible and Sword Base will become inaccessible.
    If you do not activate the 2nd switch in time, it will disappear.
    Not taking the Scorpion to the base entrance will cause a level-break.

There are 2 parts to using the Banshees. First, you must destroy the 2 AA-Cannons midway to Sword Base. The Scorpion can accomplish that from this position:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach182
    Once the AA-Cannons are downed, return to original Grunt-encampment. Move this box out of the way and have 1 player stand where the box once did:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach183

Step 3:  Revelations Reach184
    The other player will make their way to the water just past the 2nd Covenent anti-grav platform:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach185
    Just into dead-man's territory along the rocks is the first switch, activate and return to safe ground:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach186
    Have the other player activate the other switch that immediately appears:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach187
    4 Banshees will now spawn and are usable:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach188

Defending Dr. Halsey's lab against the Covenant on the Package with ease

Grab a jetpack:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach128
    Grab a Mongoose and drive or trek and fly to this spot and wait for the enemies to disperse:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach129
    Jetpack up to the gunner and pilot and beat them to death:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach130
    You will phase through the Wraith. It isn't solid yet:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach132

Step 3:  Revelations Reach133

Step 3:  Revelations Reach134

Step 3:  Revelations Reach135
    Once of the Covenant are killed off, an undamaged Wraith becomes your reward:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach131

Getting into Dr. Halsey's Tribute Room on the Package, Legendary:

After Dr. Halsey's lab is available to be opened, do not. Instead of ending the level as intended, with a jetpack, head all the way back down to the first Wraith drop-off. A switch shown here will appear once "OBJECTIVE COMPLETE" is displayed. This happens once you've dispatched enough of the final wave of enemies:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach137

Step 3:  Revelations Reach136
    Hop onto this spot on the fence. It isn't in a soft-kill zone yet:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach138
    Drop down and crouch as you land. Try to land right about here. Be quick, you're in dead-man's land:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach139
    Activate the switch and jetpack back up:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach140
    7 General Sangheili will exit a side door that is now open:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach141
    If you still have a Wraith or Ghost, they are easily vanquished:
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach142
    Now you can enter the Tribute Room around the backside (do not enter the front):
    Step 3:  Revelations Reach143

Last edited by Thanos of Halo on Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:26 pm; edited 53 times in total
    DarkReign2021
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Step 3:  Revelations Empty Re: Step 3: Revelations

Post  DarkReign2021 Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:30 pm

I have done this. Unfortunately due to the lack of anti-gravity propulsion as seen on Covenant technology, the warthog is impractical for taking beyond the barrier due to the brevity that you will be able to employ it's use. Beyond the initial skirmishes with the Elite force and the Hunter Duo, the elevator eliminates the ability to bring the vehicle with you. Similarly, the Wraith is quite obviously impractical as is the Covenant Revenant.

To this date the only vehicle able to be entirely inside the elevator is the Ghost; However, although I have not personally tested this theory, it seems likely that the ghost would simply be de-spawned or glitch through the floor of the elevator as the Warthog has done on multiple attempted occasions.
    Thanos of Halo
    Thanos of Halo

Step 3:  Revelations Empty [auto response]

Post  Thanos of Halo Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:42 pm

Based on the keywords contained in your post, the following has been selected.

Get off the Ghost when you enter the elevator before you activate it. The list will become quite substantial as time goes on.
    Devil Mingy
    Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:54 pm

Very awesome. I actually enjoy saving the Transport Hog on Sword Base, as it gives Kat something to do while I kick ass in a Wraith (and the Troopers are damn useful with Rockets and a Plasma Launcher).
    Thanos of Halo
    Thanos of Halo

Step 3:  Revelations Empty [Personal Response]

Post  Thanos of Halo Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:10 am

Ahh, so that is how it can be useful. For me, if one of my ARCs drives the TH, it spontaneously explodes within 30m of getting it. An invincible driver would definitely prevent its destruction.

That part reminds me of Halo Wars (when exiting the courtyard). Why would one blow up 2 perfectly fine Wraiths when they are perfect for the jacking? I suppose I could add that part in up there as an alternative to that level. Just shoot the turret gunners and hop in, let the driver hop out and mow it down with the turret.
    Devil Mingy
    Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:08 pm

The Wraith is pretty much the only way I can beat the level LASO (though the Transport Hog is not even worth considering on that difficulty).

Are you going to list the Nightfall forklift glitch, too?
    Thanos of Halo
    Thanos of Halo

Post  Thanos of Halo Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:26 pm

I am leaving that to someone else. As I have stated in Step 5, though I will during a LASO run, I wouldn't dare leave an enemy unfinished.

Speed + Kill = Extermination Runs for me. I will eventually, but probably not soon, accumulate the videos played by myself for a Noble Run. That you must not avoid encounters is why I believe it to be more difficult than a Mythic Run.

How to pilot/drive/jack or just plain kill is the main objective of the vehicle highlights here.

The difference between departing and retreating is the former is with grace, while the later is by chaos. LASO promotes retreating.
    Devil Mingy
    Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:59 pm

Heh. Best of luck on a Noble run. That's way beyond my skills.
    Thanos of Halo
    Thanos of Halo

Post  Thanos of Halo Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Single player, I suspect this to be extremely difficult. The friendly AI will be a hindrance to what 2 players can easily accomplish with a little bit communication and a lot of patience.

4 player should be a piece of cake for a team that consists of a proper squad. Pointmen/shield droppers plus head-poppers working in proper pairs so that while one pair is reloading the other is firing.

Of course no one dying, that's the hardest of all. Luckily there is no black eye or famine.
    Matrix
    Matrix

Post  Matrix Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:46 pm

That seems impossible, good luck I don't have the skill to do it, although I wish I did.
    DarkReign2021
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:35 am

Honestly as long as your patient I don't think LASO runs or anything of the likes are difficult except for that damn Blind skull. Minus a few tricky scenes like the Zealots at the end of Winter Contingency, the game was really just about patience and ammo conservation. Reminds me a lot of going through CoD 2 on Veteran mode.
    Devil Mingy
    Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:01 am

They're still way more trouble than their worth, especially if you're not running and hiding.
    Thanos of Halo
    Thanos of Halo

Post  Thanos of Halo Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:39 pm

The Blind and Black Eye skulls are modifiers beyond what I would call fair-play.

Anger, Assassin, Ghost and Whuppopotamus need to make a return.
    Devil Mingy
    Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:07 pm

I'd take Black Eye over Assassin myself. And Ghost is pretty much part of Halo: Reach's mechanics now. Have you ever made an Elite flinch in a LASO run? I sure as hell haven't.
    DarkReign2021
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:50 pm

As was said, it seems to me that Ghost was already in play going through on Legendary. Whuppopotamus needs to be actual default AI behavior from the beginning. Anger definitely ought to make a comeback and although I would prefer Assassin over Black Eye Personally, I think Assassin would really mess up Firefight. All of the skulls should be present, but a few of them should be included in the list with IWHBYD, Blind, etc... Dont make them integral parts of the gameplay, but make them an optional inclusion for things like Firefight.
    Thanos of Halo
    Thanos of Halo

Post  Thanos of Halo Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:14 pm

Only when I drop their shields do they do anything that Ghost in its old form may cancel, the old ugggGGHH! with the arms flailing.

I've assassinated all 3 Elites (co-op) while doing the LASO on WC ftw. Most flinching I've seen tbh.
    DarkReign2021
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:47 pm

I did the WC LASO with Mingy's assistance. Ended up luring the honorable Sword Zealot over and got him to attack Noble 5. Mingy snuck up behind him and assassinated him. Than we both started bombarding one of the remaining sangheili with Plasma Pistols followed up by DMR and Pistol attempts for the head. The last elite I ended up grabbing the plasma sword and sneaking into the room he was [cowering] in and taking him out with a couple plasma sword kills, followed by 20 more plasma sword hits in a celebration of rejoice!
    Devil Mingy
    Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:39 pm

With the exception of the occasional Grunt or Jackal (and for Grunts, even that is rare), I've never seen any Covenant enemy flinch. The Elites may roar and the Brutes may berserk, but I rarely see them flinch.
    Thanos of Halo
    Thanos of Halo

Post  Thanos of Halo Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:46 pm

By the above descriptions and going by rough memory, I would agree that I haven't seen Ultras and up not-flinch. I am not sure about Minors and Officers though. Could swear I've made an Officer flinch. Seeings as Thunderstorm is part of LASO, I don't think anything under an Ultra appears, so definitely agree that Ghost's presence is there to a degree.

Devil Mingy
    Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:15 pm

I truly do not miss any of the skulls. However, I do miss hunting for them. I was hoping it'd be a tradition set in Halo 3 where we could hunt skulls in addition to whatever side-story medium (terminal, audio logs, data pads) the game had. I was disappointed to see ODST and Reach just give them to us.
    Thanos of Halo
    Thanos of Halo

Post  Thanos of Halo Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:30 pm

I like ODST's take on it. The interactive city that gives hints. Easier than 2 no doubt but it's charm wasn't so much the logs themselves (beautifully recorded and acted) but from my POV, it was Virgil's way of telling you its side of the story.

Most of Reach's pads are indeed lacking for discovery difficulty. Halo3 for all but maybe 3 skulls was not even a joke. Nor the Terminals. Not many skull quests like the one on the top of the island on Delta Halo. That was quite the frag jump quest.

FEAR was my favorite series for side quests in a FPS. Any of the games is well done in that department.

Devil Mingy
    Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:37 pm

Marathon holds a place in my heart for secret terminals for story, while Perfect Dark holds a place for secret weapons. Hell, I was thoroughly impressed by Black Ops' hidden weapon. That was a well done secret.

On an unrelated note, we need MAOR Scarab Gun.
    Thanos of Halo
    Thanos of Halo

Post  Thanos of Halo Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:44 pm

I'd be happy with the M99 and Hunter cannons, both kinds.
    Devil Mingy
    Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:06 pm

The Scarab gun was a neat little secret weapon. I'm surprised they didn't make more like it (unless it was truly unintentional).
    DarkReign2021
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:00 pm

I doubt the Scarab gun was any accident. Whether or not it was ever meant to be found is questionable, but why would they package it up so prettily? Floating above the orange cone so ready to be grabbed? My best guess is it was there so the game would have an easier time loading and spawning the weapon in front of the Scarab each time it would fire (hence why you could steal it from the scarab right before it would fire.) but who knows.

I remember the rumor back in the day about the 7 hidden super weapons.

Scarab Gun
    Jackal Shield
    Fist of Rukt
    Sentinel Enforcer Cannon
    Plasma Grenade Launcher
    Honor Guard Pike
    ... and one more I can no longer remember.

I spent so much time hunting these. Especially the Jackal Shield in particular, which I remember was rumored to be hidden somewhere on Quarantine Zone (though I'm not sure why it would be and the Enforcer cannon not.) Regrettably none ever surfaced or proved to exist. At least the Scarab Gun existed, the Hammer came into play, and we still got a grenade launcher (though still not as good as a plazzie launcher would've been.)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:03 am