HaloSource

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one-stop shop for all of your Halo needs

4 posters

Halo: Anniversary ViDoc

Matrix
    Matrix

Halo: Anniversary ViDoc Empty Halo: Anniversary ViDoc

Post  Matrix Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Devil Mingy
    Devil Mingy

Halo: Anniversary ViDoc Empty Re: Halo: Anniversary ViDoc

Post  Devil Mingy Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:21 pm

Many thanks. It answered a lot of questions for me.

I believe I see evidence of Grunt B-day Party in there. Also, terminal sidestory. Absolutely awesome.

That being said, the Master Chief character model in CEmake is blocky as hell. It looks like that action figure. Given how everything else looks glorious in the Reach engine, the Chief is very distracting.

Plus, while it's not being said, it seems the 7 maps are just going to be Reach DLC, given that Reach armor permutations and armor abilities are in there. If it is its own exclusive multiplayer... that's very pointless (and why only 7 of the 13 original maps?).

EDIT: Well, this solves that. Can you say "revamped Death Island"?

I hope we get to see some gameplay footage of Halo 4 and see more of Halo CEmake at HaloFest
    DarkReign2021
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:06 pm

Changing the graphics. Not the gameplay. That makes me happy Very Happy And I approve of the the extras they're adding to the Campaign. Skulls, terminals, and maybe new Easter Eggs. My only request in that area is DON'T remove the originals. Rex in The Maw, Megg on Pillar of Autumn, etc... all needs to be there in all of their HD glory.

The only thing that really stands to be asked is how their level of accuracy will affect the tricks and glitches of the original? Naturally things are going to be different shapes, different sizes, etc... and I'm wondering if scale is going to be somewhat different in models, grenade throwing distance, running, etc... If I memorized how to throw a plazzie and stick it to a certain elite in the original, will I still be able to do it here as well? In a way I want that back, but in a way I want it to be just different enough that it acts kind of like a new experience.

(Also, I wonder if the Hunter Pistol glitch is fixed. They said the pistol was back to it's overpowered nature, but the 1-shot kill of the Hunter was a glitch in the games final code and I wonder if that's supposed to return or not.)

Just crossed my mind, but expect A LOT of pissed off people with this game. Most of the Halo Gamers (at least the outspoken ones) these days began their stint with Halo starting at Halo 3 and the rest were Halo 2.) The moment they realize there is no BR and no DMR, they're going to freak. Shame we don't get a return of H1's multiplayer too. I would love to go back to H1 MP and get away from the BR/DMR whores. I'd rather take on the pistol anyday.

And Death Island FTW! Greatest MP map ever! So great I'm actually recreating it on FortressCraft right now (Ok. It's actually Silent Cartographer, but they're pretty much the same thing.
    Launch
    Launch

Post  Launch Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:14 pm

Devil Mingy wrote:
    EDIT: Well, this solves that. Can you say "revamped Death Island"? t

I had some stuff written but it failed to post, so I'll just shorten it.

. But one of them and another factor that pushed us towards the Reach engine is a Firefight map – a Firefight map unlike any you’ve ever seen before. One thing I can tell you is that this one is particularly appropriate to Halo: Combat Evolved but will do things that no Firefight map has done.

Anyone have any ideas for this? I think it could be the control room and the area around it.

Looking forward to this; achievements, terminals and stuff should be fun, plus it's $40.
    DarkReign2021
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:41 pm

Vehicles. An entire FF map geared toward vehicular combat. Also possibly an extended chasm. Imagine AOTCR's first two large open canyons and the small area that connected them where you discovered the Scorpion Tank and encountered Wraith tanks for the first time in the series. Now picture going back and forth in this area with warthogs, scorpions, and Falcons while the enemy throws Banshees, Ghosts, Wraiths, and Revenants at you constantly. This is what Firefight has been begging for since it's conception.
    Devil Mingy
    Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:32 am

I'm intrigued, given that there are a few nice Firefight moments in Halo 1's campaign (mostly on the level Halo).

A revamped campaign with achievements, terminals, and 7 new Reach maps for $40. If nothing else, it seems to be a better deal than ODST was. It's hard for me to say no, even if my dislike of Saber Interactive knows no bounds.
    DarkReign2021
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:33 pm

New rumors are afoot claiming that the new Firefight map will actually be built around *Dum Dum Dummmmmm* The Library!

Now to be perfectly honest I don't see how this would be possible. To have the Library would mean the Flood would be included as well (hopefully not flood only and if they do than at least include EVERY food Variant from H1-H3.) The issue I see is that Halo: Reach does not have Design models or AI models for the flood species. They were completely scrapped from Reach for obvious reasons, so it won't be a simple matter of making this kind of map and slapping it into Reach. On a Halo:CE dedicated, server, this might work because the AI already have fairly Firefight-like AI in the campaign, but the MP is running a completely different MP mode.

(I also wonder if the H:CE maps will ever become DLC for Reach without the purchasing of Halo CEmake. It would be a welcome addition since it would obviously garner more players and eventually the maps would become more common on the regular matchmaking playlists.
    Devil Mingy
    Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:23 pm

Yeah, the 7 maps will make it to the marketplace eventually.

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/foconnor_haloanniversary_qa.html

I don't buy the Library as a Firefight map. It's not an aesthetically pleasing environment nor is it memorable (at least not in a good way). Compared to other Halo 1 areas that would make great Firefight maps, I can't think of one single Library encounter that would translate.

I'm more curious about the Terminals. They won't all be Forerunner (likely two UNSC and two Covenant) according to that interview. That's going to be very interesting.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:55 pm