HaloSource

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one-stop shop for all of your Halo needs

4 posters

Ok, what did I miss?

Matrix
    Matrix

Ok, what did I miss? Empty Ok, what did I miss?

Post  Matrix Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:34 pm

I'm back after being isolated for a week from almost all of the world. But, apparently there's a trailer for the defiant map pack and a new title update. Anything major I missed or have I summed it up?
    Devil Mingy
    Devil Mingy

Ok, what did I miss? Empty Re: Ok, what did I miss?

Post  Devil Mingy Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:36 pm

Thanos of Halo
    Thanos of Halo

Post  Thanos of Halo Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:51 pm

Ya, about that title update. That one a rumor? I'm up to date on a lot of things but as far as I have read, the whole title update and Covenant Forge World were all started within the community, not from a source mag/site.
    Devil Mingy
    Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:31 pm

The Covie Forge World has some basis in fact (poor choice of words, but still...), as it was something told by the inside man who leaked the Defiant Map Pack (allegedly) and was one of the first things Microsoft's law team ensured was erased (those details were taken down even before the pictures were).

Anyway, now we need to iron out a time and place for a complete run of Halo: Reach, which I will document and supplement for the viewing pleasure of anyone who gives a shit. It will be a sight to see and a treat for the ears of any overenthusiastic Halo zealot. In my in-depth studies of the Halo canon (in preparation for a massive overhaul of my story topic), I have unlocked all the answers to the questions of the Halo storyline, including any supposed irreconcilable inconsistencies between Halo Reach and the events of Fall of Reach.

If anybody has any questions that they want answered, please leave them here. These answers will likely be jokes, though. I actually don't have access to all Halo related knowledge. Still, I consider myself rather witty.
    Matrix
    Matrix

Post  Matrix Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:06 pm

About this run...I may be busy the next 4 days (I hate my family) but I'll get back to you with a definite answer. Or how about Saturday, we'll start sometime in the morning and I'll record it live comm style and upload it to youtube. If anyone has a better idea please let me know.

And Thanos, what's your gamertag? Unless you would prefer not to help?
    Devil Mingy
    Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:52 am

Surprising enough, it's Thanos of Halo

Any time is fine for me, as long as there's time. After all, we need to ensure that there's room for error, as certain Bobs are quite troublesome.
    Thanos of Halo
    Thanos of Halo

Post  Thanos of Halo Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:26 am

I agree, a BOB or 2 can break our rhythm. Not only will the the first datapad be a slight pain but the NA BOB can outright break our goal.

Once the shields are down, I know the AR will down the fleeing the Sangheili more reliably than a Pistol will shot it in the head.

The NA BOB and both its nonconfirming nature with unknown entrance, let's just say only my Extermination Runs could give more grief than trying to find and kill that BOB (it be great for them to have an any BOB challenge on the weekend).

It looks like at least Friday night or Saturday would work best for me.

DarkReign2021
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:00 pm

Depending on how you guys want to go about approaching this (Rules, procedures, etc...) I might be able to join in. I wouldn't be able to do an entire campaign in less than a few separate sittings, but depending on the time of day I would be able to tackle a couple levels each night. Like I said in the LASO topic, I'm off on Thursdays (and I forgot to mention also Mondays) and I usually get off work around 2:00-2:30 in the afternoon, so I have a few hours I could give each night.

If it's a LASO run we're talking about than I'm still game, but that could be problematic because of how long they take to complete. Especially if we're going to do an extermination run in conjunction with finding the BOBs and Data Pads. I'd say I have 3-4 hours I could dedicate each night.

If I could get information on what exactly you guys plan to do I could be a little more specific on what I can offer if you guys are interested)
    Matrix
    Matrix

Post  Matrix Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:42 pm

Ok then unless someone has any objections Saturday at like 3 (for reign) seems like the best time for maximum time although earlier may be better if reign get on early.

But to reign we're going through the whole campaign with all skulls on, getting all the data pads, and killing all of the BoBs. We're not doing a full out extermination run, although we could always try it another time.

And I feel really dumb, I should have tried to add Thanos of Halo but didn't even think of it.
    Thanos of Halo
    Thanos of Halo

Post  Thanos of Halo Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:52 pm

I don't remember it being a full LASO run, I thought it was a Legendary, punch all switches, kill all BOBs and collect all pads. Reach Racer is not a requirement but the Banshees and Tribute Room are. So are the Club Errera switches and Falcon/Phantom switch. I want me a Banshee for that level.

Because, not too sure if some BOBs can be killed during a LASO run due to their spawn locations, enemies in between and a timer.
    Matrix
    Matrix

Post  Matrix Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:02 pm

I forgot the switches, thanks. But I though we said LASO although I do agree it would be really hard so we'll just do it on legendary.
    Thanos of Halo
    Thanos of Halo

Post  Thanos of Halo Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:05 pm

Now is that 3pm EST, CST or PST?

Devil and I are EST.
    Matrix
    Matrix

Post  Matrix Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:11 pm

I'm EST also, so 3 PM EST, and I sent you a friend request on xbox.
    Devil Mingy
    Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:44 pm

If you can find proof that you can get the tenth data pad on LASO, we can do a LASO run. Personally, I don't think it's possible, and
    I don't think it's worth it. A complete Legendary run, killing Bobs, hitting switches, and finding data pads should be plenty enough work.
    Matrix
    Matrix

Post  Matrix Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:55 pm

Then Legendary it is we'll leave LASO for another time.
    DarkReign2021
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:12 pm

Saturday at 3 works for me. I'll be free all evening and I've got nothing else planned. And Legendary sounds good as well. I would even be okay with a LASO if it were minus the Blind skull and maybe the Iron Skull.

Admittedly I'm not very good at spawning switches or BOBs, so unless you guys have a specific action you need me to take, I'll leave that stuff to you and I'll just be playing hired gun.
    Matrix
    Matrix

Post  Matrix Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:58 pm

Ok, sounds good, Saturday at 3 EST it is.
    Devil Mingy
    Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:12 pm

DarkReign2021 wrote:Saturday at 3 works for me. I'll be free all evening and I've got nothing else planned. And Legendary sounds good as well. I would even be okay with a LASO if it were minus the Blind skull and maybe the Iron Skull.

Admittedly I'm not very good at spawning switches or BOBs, so unless you guys have a specific action you need me to take, I'll leave that stuff to you and I'll just be playing hired gun.

Sounds good. Don't worry, you've got a walking Halo encyclopedia along for the ride Wink
    Matrix
    Matrix

Post  Matrix Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:48 am

He'll have 2 1/2 I'm good with storylines, not all the extra stuff so I'm a half and then you and Thanos are great at the extras.

Oh, and I just got a new copy of Cryptum but I have no idea where I am so I think I'll just restart the book, the beginning didn't make much sense anyway.
    DarkReign2021
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:44 pm

I'm a Halopedia when it comes to Lore and Storyline, but the extra technical dealies escape me. I used to be up to speed back in the days, but after Halo 3 that really died off for me (Hell, I haven't even taken the time to see the Chief at the end of POA or spawn a Pelican yet.)
    Thanos of Halo
    Thanos of Halo

Post  Thanos of Halo Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:39 pm

I may have a trick or two per encounter.

Hell, I'll even jack the vehicles for you Very Happy
    DarkReign2021
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:53 pm

Jacking a banshee seems like it's rather easy once you get a jetpack. I've done it from the Club with the Jetpack I got inside Ivory Tower.

Dunno about tricks, but a few a few underhanded methods on a couple of the levels. Like the Hospital Jammer on NA. Kill everything going down, than have everybody leave except one guy and have him activate it, than die and just respawn back at the Falcon to avoid the Elite Squad that ambushes you. Bad for Extermination rounds. Good for Vidmasters.
    Devil Mingy
    Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:33 pm

It's not too hard to hijack a Banshee (hell, it's about your only choice when you do the Pelican/Phantom trick solo and you can't balance the Falcon). Otherwise, New Alexandria is an easy level to break. The worst thing about it will be killing the Bob, but we shouldn't have too much trouble. We'll just post Falcons at the start and the three objective buildings and wait for him. Then we can get the data pads and the level proper once we're sure he's dead.

The Long Night of Solace Bob may be problematic, too, as he sometimes has a bad habit of spawning in the drop pod at the beginning. If we can get him to spawn at any of his points in Rally Point Bravo, we'll be fine. To be fair, there are a couple of levels that feature a particular Bob spawn that is problematic on Legendary (Nightfall, Exodus, The Package, Pillar of Autumn)
    Thanos of Halo
    Thanos of Halo

Post  Thanos of Halo Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:15 pm

It would appear that a function has come up that I cannot miss tomorrow. Either someone else has to step in at 3pm or we will have to meet up at about 10pm EST. Sunday afternoon at 3pm would be ok too.

I was looking forward to my first 4 player co-op.
    Matrix
    Matrix

Post  Matrix Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:00 pm

Because of something that wasn't my fault my mom is pissed at me. I'll get back to everyone on a time but I'll try to make it sunday at 3PM. But we're doing no matter what.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:39 pm