HaloSource

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one-stop shop for all of your Halo needs

4 posters

Recent updates to the boards

DarkReign2021
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Recent updates to the boards Empty Recent updates to the boards

Post  DarkReign2021 Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:16 pm

As you all may have noticed, the site has gone through a major visual overhaul. It's not done yet and I may still make some minor changes, but I definitely like the general direction that this look has gone in. It better matches the look of the homepage I'm developing and it just feels more professional than the last look did. I know some people liked the old skin, however, and I'm currently looking for a way to offer multiple skins to choose from.

In addition to the new look, I've also updated the layout of several boards. Nothing has been deleted, but simply combined into a tighter group. Achievements, Firefight, Forge World, and User Creations have all been combined into the singular B.Net Communications Array. Likewise, Literature, music, TV/Movies, and videogames have all been combined into the singular Red Light District. when people start positing more frequently, I'm hoping this setup will bring more activity to all of the boards overall and nobody will have to jump from board to board as much to follow multiple conversations.

My own personal review of Halo: Reach was just recently added, making it the first official article since the reboot and it's high time we get this show on the road and start plowing out the content for your entertainment.

It's just an idea I'm toying around with at the moment, but if I can find a way to pull it off I plan to have at least 2 Custom HaloSource sanctioned maps created and posted every month for the community to play, enjoy, and make suggestions to improve it. As I work more and improve on the areas I'm weak in, I would like to try and have a map or 2 added to Matchmaking eventually. If anybody has ideas or suggestions they would like to make to improve existing maps or even an original map they would like to see made, toss it out. I'm always looking for fresh ideas to build.
    Devil Mingy
    Devil Mingy

Recent updates to the boards Empty Re: Recent updates to the boards

Post  Devil Mingy Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:36 pm

I leave home for a few days and everything's different. However, I do like the blue. The reply and new topic buttons are a little hard to read, but that could just be my aversion to lighter blues talking.
    DarkReign2021
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:11 pm

They are a little difficult to read. I'm toying around with them in photoshop to see if I can decrease the blur a little bit (they came with a template package. I didn't make the buttons myself.) I might just make a whole new kind of button. I wanna make something that pops out a little more.
    Thanos of Halo
    Thanos of Halo

Post  Thanos of Halo Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:44 pm

I Thanos of Titan see no problems in the buttons. With my superior monitor technology and eyesight, they project in a 3D-like effect efficaciously.

I believe this Earth movie may yield a clue as to their use:

Last edited by Thanos_of_Halo on Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    PhantomFE
    PhantomFE

Post  PhantomFE Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:32 am

...yeah, definately no cookies for you...
    DarkReign2021
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:53 pm

I gotta give him a cookie just for linking to a scene from such an awesome movie. I love Mall Rats. lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:51 am