HaloSource

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one-stop shop for all of your Halo needs

+8
trash-berd
Launch
SuperSkyline89
Mac
Matrix
Devil Mingy
SnowSHOWERS
DarkReign2021
12 posters

whats the origin of your username?

DarkReign2021
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

whats the origin of your username? Empty whats the origin of your username?

Post  DarkReign2021 Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:07 am

Even though most of us at the moment know each other, I thought this would be a fun little way to get to know members as more start to flow in

Where did you come up with your username? What's it derived of or what inspired you to use it?

I'll post mine after work when I have time but just as a basic idea mine was actually derived from a long string name changes based around the Internist in Grand Theft Auto 3.
    SnowSHOWERS
    SnowSHOWERS

whats the origin of your username? Empty Re: whats the origin of your username?

Post  SnowSHOWERS Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:42 am

Well mine actually derives from my last name of Schauer, pronounced Shower, and therefore my nickname is Showers hense the SnowSHOWERS. Oddly everyone online refers to me as Snow when i thought they'd refer to me as SHOWERS since it was bold.

I also have two brothers with weather related GT: Isol8dThndrstrm and ScatterdSHOWERS (which was originally mine before moving to college)
    Devil Mingy
    Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:42 pm

My name is a reference to a boss from Banjo-Tooie and the word "devil", which is always cool to a 12 year old mind.
    Matrix
    Matrix

Post  Matrix Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:07 pm

Well my friends used to always say i was doing the matrix because in halo: CE i could duck under ghosts (although i dont remember how). i thought it was cool so i kept it and it just stuck.
    DarkReign2021
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:10 pm

SnowSHOWERS wrote:Well mine actually derives from my last name of Schauer, pronounced Shower, and therefore my nickname is Showers hense the SnowSHOWERS. Oddly everyone online refers to me as Snow when i thought they'd refer to me as SHOWERS since it was bold.

I also have two brothers with weather related GT: Isol8dThndrstrm and ScatterdSHOWERS (which was originally mine before moving to college)

That's better than my theory on your username. lol. All I'm gonna say is it involves a naked girl on a webcam site and her loyal fanbase. haha.

Devil Mingy wrote:My name is a reference to a boss from Banjo-Tooie and the word "devil", which is always cool to a 12 year old mind.

Sounds like my old Xbox Live gamertag. 'Blazing Inferno' I thought it sounded cool at the time >_> I like my current one a lot better.

Matrix wrote:Well my friends used to always say i was doing the matrix because in halo: CE i could duck under ghosts (although i dont remember how). i thought it was cool so i kept it and it just stuck.

I kinda figured as much to be honest. It was either going to be something related to the Matrix or the Reboot, but I'm not entirely sure how old you are, so Reboot may or may be before your time. (Which I find it kind of scary that Reboot of all series can be before somebody's time. Makes me feel old and I'm only 20 >_<)

Anyway, my username has a long backstory behind it.

Started with Pyromaniac because I like fire. Switched it to scorch for a little while, but decided it didn't stick well with me. So I started looking around for something similar, but new. Than I came across GTAIII. The infernus is my favorite car in the GTA series and Infernus is somewhat derived from Inferno, another word for fire, so I made my name Infernus2004 after the car and the year I made the change. I got tired of having the date in my way and decided to change up the appearance a little bit after a couple years with it, so I tampered with the name a little bit and produced DarkInferno2552 (That number looks familiar. lol.)

From there, I decided I was going to try and get away from the fire theme, but I still liked how my username was setup. At the time I was focusing on a lot of space-related stuff and I decided to change my username to DarkImpact2552 instead. From there, I once again decided to drop the second part and went with something to portray my interest in the political field.

I thought of my last username and considered "What would happen if an asteroid hit earth like in the movies and destroyed most of the world population?" The planet would be in chaos and governments around the world would be devastated. Such an event would be a prime opportunity for me to step up and organize the world in an attempt to re-settle and rebuild as a single planetary nation 9Which I would most certainly be attempting if such an opportunity would arise in reality)

Thus, DarkReign2021 (date just sounded cool) was born Very Happy

(I still use any mix of my last two usernames depending on how many accounts I want somewhere. DarkImpact2021, DarkImpact2552, DarkReign2021, DarkReign2552, DarkInferno2552. I can typically be found at all of these.)
    Matrix
    Matrix

Post  Matrix Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:56 pm

thats pretty cool. but yeah ive never heard of reboot im 16 by the way.
    DarkReign2021
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:59 pm

Kind of figured you wouldn't have. Most people I talk to haven't. Either too old or too young to have seen it. You'd have had to of watched Toonami back in 95/96. It was a really awesome cartoon. The first done completely in CGI (though it looks nothing like Advent Children these days. Far from it. lol)
    Devil Mingy
    Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:10 pm

Damn. I haven't thought about Reboot in years
    Mac
    Mac

Post  Mac Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:39 pm

The MA5B.
    The M7, MA5C and MA37 are but feeble imitations and limitations of the mighty AR from Halo:CE.

That, and when you fire a semi-auto so fast it might as well be a full-auto... I mean spam the shots like a Pro.

My GT to which I may eventually share when Reach comes out... It's like putting id and Bungie into one. My FPS life began in at age 13 networking the school computers together to play DOOM MP. Heretic was in college and we had firewalls to bust cheers
    Mac
    Mac

Post  Mac Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:42 pm

Also, Reboot is Canadian all the way

The X-Men animated series was Canadian manufactured and voiced but American owned.
    DarkReign2021
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:55 pm

Hah. Fun for me in High School was getting the trial for Halo PC and installing it to the computers. We installed it through a teacher's account on the main network, so one install made it accessible from every computer in the building. My whole programming class was constantly playing it during class and it was even funnier when you'd get on the LAN network and find 100 other people on it throughout the school XD

Even worse is I knew most of the people online just by seeing their profile names. If you were a Halo gamer in my high school, I knew who you were because either I taught you or one of the people I taught had taught you. I was literally the only person in my Junior High with an Xbox back in 2001 and I spread the word of it's greatness. By the beginning of my Freshman year in High School half of the gamers in my school were playing Xbox, Halo, Halo 2, etc... I was Xbox Jesus and my friends were my disciples. lol
    SuperSkyline89
    SuperSkyline89

Post  SuperSkyline89 Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:02 am

Back in grade 10 I needed a new email but I couldn't think of a name. A friend thought up SuperSkyline89 becuase the Nissan Skyline is my favourite car and I was born in 1989.

I've used that name ever since, on every website I'm a member of.
    DarkReign2021
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:17 pm

Welcome Very Happy And to be perfectly honest, your username makes me hungry. I don't know if you have it where you live, but there's a restaurant called Skyline Chili that makes the BEST coney dog on the planet. And they ain't shy wish their cheese either. Man I wish I had one closer to me, but a 40 minute drive is worth it.
    Devil Mingy
    Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:22 pm

Skyline's a great place for food in Cincy. However, nothing tops La Rosa's Pizza.
    DarkReign2021
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:36 pm

Been there. That is some damn good pizza, but... >_> If you're ever in Indy, head to Clermont and check out a place called Chicago's Pizza. Family-owned restaurant. The best way to drive my point across about how amazing it is would be if you check the reviews for it online, out of some 30 or 40 odd reviews on each site you visit, every single review gives it a 5/5. Not even a single 4/5. Their record is spotless.
    SnowSHOWERS
    SnowSHOWERS

Post  SnowSHOWERS Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:23 am

LaRossa's is the place for food in Cinci!!!! Get the reward card thing and get a large pep and large cheese for the price of one!! Although Skyline has the 3 way which i love too
    SuperSkyline89
    SuperSkyline89

Post  SuperSkyline89 Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:42 pm

DarkReign2021 wrote:Welcome Very Happy And to be perfectly honest, your username makes me hungry. I don't know if you have it where you live, but there's a restaurant called Skyline Chili that makes the BEST coney dog on the planet. And they ain't shy wish their cheese either. Man I wish I had one closer to me, but a 40 minute drive is worth it.

Unfortunately that's just one of the millions of restaurants America has that Canada doesn't. Along with millions of other things.
    DarkReign2021
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:02 pm

Such a shame too. Canada and America just need to merge into one government. Eliminate the border and just make it one big U.S (Than we could have 100 states instead of 50, the pricing of everything will be the same, and everybody will have the same amenities as everybody else Very Happy)
    Devil Mingy
    Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:03 pm

^ Good luck getting Quebec to agree to that.

And that's all I'll say on that issue.
    DarkReign2021
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:20 pm

I know. So stubborn >_< Makes me wonder how we ever managed to talk the French into giving us their portion of the U.S in the first place...
    SuperSkyline89
    SuperSkyline89

Post  SuperSkyline89 Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:35 pm

DarkReign2021 wrote:Such a shame too. Canada and America just need to merge into one government. Eliminate the border and just make it one big U.S (Than we could have 100 states instead of 50, the pricing of everything will be the same, and everybody will have the same amenities as everybody else Very Happy)

As long as I can keep my health care coverage I'd be glad to see that happen. There's just too much division for two countries that have such a close relationship. We pay twice as much for TV, cell phone service, and internet in Canada. That's quite a difference across a border we don't even need a visa to cross.

DarkReign2021 wrote:I know. So stubborn >_< Makes me wonder how we ever managed to talk the French into giving us their portion of the U.S in the first place...

Oh, I'm pretty sure a gun to the head might be close to how it happen. lol
    Launch
    Launch

Post  Launch Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:15 am

Years ago when I first started playing PC games, I always chose a random word to use as my name in that game, and when I played Halo CE, I chose Launch. There was no reason, really, I just liked the sound of the word. Now I stick with the same name pretty much everywhere.
    DarkReign2021
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:04 am

Welcome. Glad to have you aboard. Very Happy Ironically enough you came just in time too. I was going to use that exact image as my avatar after I got home from work today. Lol. Maybe I'll Yank something else off the periodic table instead...
    SuperSkyline89
    SuperSkyline89

Post  SuperSkyline89 Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:08 pm

Welcome to the site, and thanks for bringing up the Halo Periodic Table. I never knew about it but now I'm seriously thinking of having it printed out and hung on my wall.
    Launch
    Launch

Post  Launch Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:32 pm

SuperSkyline89 wrote:Welcome to the site, and thanks for bringing up the Halo Periodic Table. I never knew about it but now I'm seriously thinking of having it printed out and hung on my wall.

Glad I could (partially) be of help. The periodic table is nice, and I would probably do the same if I didn't have to share a room.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:56 am